Thursday, December 24, 2020

My Story: I Lived in a Homeless Shelter On Christmas Day

 “In a world full of grinches, be a Cindy Lou Who.” - Unknown

Photo Source: Pexels


I remember being seventeen years young back when I lived in Waukesha, Wisconsin, and waking up to the beautiful smell of breakfast dancing upon my nose. The pancakes were festive colors, desserts were everywhere and the food was delicious with every bit I took. Even later that day, my mom and I were surprised with beautiful house slippers under our beds (just like in the 1995 movie, “A Little Princess.”) Santa Claus even came to visit while bearing gifts. It was truly a magical Christmas.


Although that was my perspective of Christmas Day that year, it wasn’t so beautiful for others. At that time, my family and I were living in a homeless shelter with other people that we didn’t know. That day was all smiles and it’s always a happy memory to look back even today and I’m so grateful I felt that way but I do remember seeing people complaining about it. They weren’t happy because they were in a homeless shelter during Christmas Day.


Christmas for many homes are festively decorated all over their home, they have a Christmas tree with gifts all around it and a big feast is covering their dining room table while the family gathers around with hugs and cheer. Not everyone experiences a Christmas like this every year because sometimes life gives you a new experience to have in your diary but it’s not a bad thing in my opinion. You have two choices in life: you can mope around about not living life as a Queen in a palace on Christmas Day or you can be grateful for what you have.


Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to have a loving Christmas like you see in movies and I adore them dearly but if things aren't necessarily perfect, you can still be grateful for what you have as seen on the Grinch (a Christmas classic film.) The Grinch stole all the festivity from the whos to try to ruin their Christmas but he didn’t rob them of the love they had within them. The whos were truly grateful for everything they had even when it seemed that they didn’t have enough.


When you are grateful for what you have, you get more in return and life is magical with a grateful heart. Although Christmas was not what some people expected at the homeless shelter, there were many things to be grateful for. We had an abundance of food to eat, a roof over our table, Christmas gifts, clothing, etc. Yes, donated by caring people who wanted others to have a beautiful Christmas too.


I am grateful to have been a Cindy Lou in my lifetime because being happy is far better than feeling like a grinch.


Merry Christmas,

PrincessHiyah Akanqi

SHARE:

Friday, October 16, 2020

Coffee Over Cardio: Abbey's Secret Stash

>>> This blog post contains affiliate links for Coffee Over Cardio. More info here. <<<


I brought this beautiful moon phase coffee mug from a boutique in Romania through Etsy.

From the looks of it, Coffee Over Cardio made me a huge coffee addict. I mean, I probs have about fifty flavors in my kitchen cabinet (just kidding.) The Universe couldn’t have given me a more extraordinary gift than all the fantastic flavors that COC has.

And I brought this mug for my mom from the same Etsy boutique.

Every morning, I could wake up with excitement because I can choose any flavor of coffee to drink. Most of their coffees are sweet which helps me kick some cravings away when I need to eat more healthy and so far my favorite coffee is Saturdaze but before I purchase that one again, I want to try every single coffee this company has in stock.

COC was founded by a female entrepreneur named, Abbey Scott who created a monthly subscription called, Abbey’s Secret Stash, that you can sign up for, to receive a new coffee flavor every month. If you sign up, you will be the first to try the coffee flavor of the month. It’s a pretty sweet deal (literally.)

July was the very first month I’ve signed up for COC’s Abbey’s Secret Stash and it’s a bummer that I missed out on all the previous flavors but oh well. I at least was able to try the Freedom Blueberry coffee. Inspired by the Fourth of July, this coffee definitely gave me summer vibes. I thought to myself, how odd of an idea to create a blueberry flavored coffee? But you know what they say, don’t knock it ‘til you try it. It was surprisingly sweet, taste like blueberries, and was yummy.

August introduced the new flavor called, Dog Mom which tastes just like salted caramel. I’m guessing that it’s called Dog Mom because national Dog Day is in the month of August. So you can sip on your cup of salted caramel coffee while chillin’ with your dog (or cat if you are a feline lover like myself.)

September was the most recent flavor I’ve purchased within the monthly subscription but had to skip October’s month (*Insert sad face emoji here) but that’s hopefully the last time I skip a month because I’m obsessed with Abbey’s Secret Stash.

I personally don’t celebrate a birthday month because why should you only celebrate with 31 days when you can party the whole season. Autumn is my B’day season and COC’s September flavor was called, Fall Crisp which tastes just like Cinnamon Spice. It gave me the best vibes for my special holiday.

To be honest, so far I don’t have a favorite coffee flavor to choose from Abbey’s Secret Stash because all of them are pretty yum but I can say that I can’t wait to try more of the upcoming flavors. COC definitely gave me a reason to jump out of bed in the morning because I know there is a yummy cup of coffee with my name on it.


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi


>>> But first coffee <<<

SHARE:

Saturday, October 10, 2020

A Healthy Hot Chocolate Recipe: Bulletproof Coffee Edition

Whenever the winter season comes, it’s always my biggest tradition to get cozy with a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream on top. It’s super yummy but by the end of the year, I always notice that my jeans aren’t as roomy as they were before which means I’m going to have to cut hot chocolate out of my diet.


Obviously, cutting hot chocolate out of my yearly tradition doesn’t sound easy but luckily, I discovered a healthy alternative. Who needs to drink a cup of sugar, when you can have a cup of hot cacao. Fortunately, I don’t crave hot chocolate anymore because cacao it my dream come true. It’s healthy for you and perfect for weight loss.


You can make yourself a normal cup of hot cacao (like you do for a regular hot chocolate) or you can do as I do and have it first thing in the morning as a bulletproof drink. It’s definitely a healthy dessert drink for breakfast and it’s super worth it because it keeps me satisfied until I have lunch at 1:00 PM or 2:00 PM. If you want to try it, read how I make it below…

Ingredients


1 tbsp of coconut butter (or you can use grass-fed butter.)

1 tsp of MCT oil (and/or coconut oil)

½ cup of hot water (1 cup if you don’t add plant-based milk)

½ cup of any plant-based milk (If you added the grass-fed butter, you don’t need milk.)

Optional: ½ a tsp of Turmeric

Optional: a dash of cinnamon

Optional: ½ a tsp of Maca Root Powder

Optional: 1 tsp of honey (or any healthy sweetener you prefer.)


Directions


Add all ingredients into a blender and blend it up for a few seconds until smooth. It’s super yummy and in my opinion, 10x better than a regular cup of hot chocolate. I’m never going back to a cup of sugar again because I’m obsessed with cacao powder.


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nor am I an expert on dieting but I am opinionated about how awesome cacao powder is. Although it works for me, you should still do further research to see if cacao powder is correct for you. Share with me about your experience with cacao powder below.


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi

SHARE:

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Coffee Over Cardio: Doctor's Order's Butter Coffee Recipe

>>> This blog post contains affiliate links for Coffee Over Cardio. More info here. <<<


I’ve noticed something, the more I eat things that are healthy, the less I crave sugary snacks. Yes, they say don’t deprive yourself of all the yummy treats life has to offer you but it’s always important to eat healthily most of the time and Coffee Over Cardio helps me big time to make the best decisions when it comes to my diet.


Recently, I tried Doctor’s Orders which is a light-medium roast that is flavored with a savory taste of pure vanilla and hints of the nutty flavor of hazelnut. It’s basically dessert but without all the added carbs, sugar, and gluten. I personally don’t count calories but if you do, you should know that it has zero and it’s keto-friendly.


As we speak, I’m enjoying this morning brew for the first time with the ushg: Grass-Fed Ghee Butter and MCT Oil. It should keep me satisfied until lunch but sometimes I’ve noticed that I’m not really hungry for lunch whenever I have my butter coffee in the morning for breakfast. I’ve also noticed that sometimes my mind is way hungrier than my belly and I’d rather listen to my body when it comes to eating.


After a cup of butter coffee, I immediately notice the positive effect it has on my digestion but I also notice my mind looking for what I should eat. A glass of water always shuts it up for a while because I’ve heard somewhere that sometimes we think we are hungry but it’s really our body telling us to drink some water. I just make sure I have my water bottle with me whenever that happens and when it’s really time for me to have a meal, I eat.


Doctor's Order's Butter Coffee Recipe

Ingredients:


1 tbsp of Fourth & Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee Butter

1 tsp of MCT oil (also coconut oil if desired)

A dash of Cinnamon

1 cup of coffee


Directions


Add all ingredients into a blender and blend it up for a few seconds until smooth. You don’t have to add creamer or anything because the butter makes it creamy and smooth. Let me know in the comments if you adore this Doctor's Orders by COC too.


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi


Disclaimer: I am not an expert when it comes to weight loss and I am not a nutritionist. Having butter coffee for breakfast works for me but you should do further research to see if this recipe is correct for you and/or speak to a doctor about it. Everything I share here is my honest opinion because I truly love COC and butter coffee.

SHARE:

Saturday, October 3, 2020

Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe: Bulletproof Coffee Edition

Okay, so maybe a simple Pumpkin can’t turn into a luxurious golden carriage like in the movie Cinderella but I have a latte that’ll make you say Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo with every sip. It’s made with the usual bulletproof coffee recipe but I added pumpkin puree as the extra touch to give this beverage Autumn vibes.


Adding pumpkin puree to your bulletproof coffee will not only make it smooth and creamy but it has many health benefits, such as,  giving your immune system a boost that might prevent chronic diseases. It may improve your eyesight because it’s packed with vitamin a. This list of health benefits is endless but the main reason why I am making a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is that it promotes weight loss.


I usually always buy a pumpkin spice creamer from the grocery store or get a pumpkin spice latte from a local coffee shop but this time I want something healthy. It’s okay to treat yourself every once in a while but it’s important to have something healthy most of the time. Let me know in the comments section below if you also made a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Ingredients


1 tbsp of grass-fed butter (I use Fourth & Heart Grass-Fed Vanilla Bean Ghee)

1 tsp of MCT oil (and/or coconut oil)

1 serving of a freshly brewed coffee (I use Bulletproof coffee grinds)

Add a tiny bit of Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)

Add as much of Pumpkin Puree as you desire


Directions


Add all ingredients into a blender and blend it up for a few seconds until smooth. You don’t have to add creamer or anything because the butter makes it creamy and smooth. Let me know in the comments if you adore this Pumpkin Spice butter coffee too.


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi


Disclaimer: Although pumpkins have amazing health benefits, understand that it isn’t for everyone. I suggest that you do further research and/or talk with a doctor to see if it’s correct for you. I am not a nutritionist nor am I an expert on weight loss. I am only sharing the information that I found online and the recipe that I adore.


Sources:


https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/pumpkin#section3

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/279610#nutrition

https://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/pumpkin-health-benefits

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-health-benefits-pumpkins-you-didnt-know-and-32-creative-ways-have-pumpkin.html

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/a19934317/pumpkin-nutrition/

SHARE:

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Apple Cider Vinegar Tea Recipe for Weight Loss

Almost every day, I make myself an ACV cleanse drink to promote not only weight loss but it gives me a boost of vitamins with every sip. It looks like I have quite a bit because I use such a giant mason jar but I only add a pinch of each ingredient.

If you want to have yours in a mason jar like this, pour your tea from the mug into this and then add additional water.

Main ingredients:


1 cup of green tea (add some honey if desired.)

1 tsp of ACV

1 cinnamon stick

½ of lemon


Directions:


While water is hot, add the green tea sachet, cinnamon stick, and honey and let sit for at least five minutes. After your tea cools down where it’s at least warm, add the lemon juice and the ACV. You can drink this at AM or PM but if you want an extra boost to this cleanse, read the additional ingredients below.


Additional ingredients I add sometimes…


A pinch of Maca Root Powder

A pinch of Turmeric Powder

A pinch of ground Ginger

A pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi


Disclaimer:


I am not an expert on weight loss but I do drink this beverage as a homemade vitamin drink. It helps me with weight loss and digestion but it’s not for everyone. Before you make the decision to try this recipe, please do some research first. You will find that each ingredient has a positive side and a negative side. I’ve only experienced the positive side effects but everyone’s bodies are different. Doing research of your own and even talking to your doctor can help you find out if each product is healthy for you or not.

SHARE:

Friday, September 18, 2020

Coffee Over Cardio: Snickerdoodle Flavored Coffee

>>> This blog post contains affiliate links for Coffee Over Cardio. More info here. <<<

COFFEE

[Kah - Fee]


Noun

  1. A dark liquid that can make your Monday m

  2. orning feel like a holiday.

  3. A cup of, “Yes, I can! Watch me!”

Imagine waking up in the morning to a cup of coffee that has your name written all over it and it has the flavor of a Snickerdoodle cookie. For me, it’s a dream come true because I’ve had an obsession with these cookies for quite some time. It’s far better than eating a sugar cookie because it’s almost the same thing but with a little extra flavor to it.

Although it makes a great dessert every once in a while, who said that I can’t have it with my coffee every morning? Okay, well maybe I’m not eating it daily but my coffee definitely tastes like it. Coffee Over Cardio created Super Smart Start Creamer Snickerdoodle which makes my coffee taste like a latte. All I do is add a scoop of COC Snickerdoodle into Almond Milk and use COC Coffee Frother to create a cold foam. Once done blending, I pour the mixer into my coffee and voila―you have a perfect latte.

If you are looking for a coffee with zero carbs, no calories, no added sugar, keto-friendly and gluten-free, then COC is your soulmate. Normally, I buy their flavored coffee, but because I wanted to try there Snickerdoodle creamer, I brought two regular coffees to really taste the creamer: Bonjour French Roast Coffee and #WorkFlow High Caffeinated Coffee. Both of these coffees can make any morning quite amazing once you take a sip of it.


Enjoy!!


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi

SHARE:

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Why Men Get Down On One Knee To Propose

It’s been a common tradition for a man to get down on one knee to purpose to his soon-to-be bride but one question recently roamed through my mind: Why do men get down on one knee to purpose? And do they have any idea why they do so? Of course, I’ve dug up a little bit of research and found a pretty amazing explanation for why this tradition still stands strong.

Source: Pixabay

A lovely website called, Engagement Ring Bible, stated, “It’s a tradition that dates back to the days of knighthood, chivalry, and formal courtship (i.e. medieval times and beyond). Knights would get down on one knee in front of their lord as a display of respect, obedience, and loyalty. It was also a common occurrence in religious ceremonies, and in those days marriage and religion were intrinsically linked. So when a courteous gentleman was proposing to his lady, pledging his allegiance to her and declaring his undying love for her, getting down on one knee was the natural thing to do.”


Although this tradition is the most popular, I’ve learned that some guys don’t get down on one knee to the purpose and sometimes the female purpose to the guy. Share in the comments about how you were purposed to or if you popped the question to the love of your life.


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi


Sources:


https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/love-sex/news/a50239/why-men-get-down-on-one-knee-propose/#:~:text=%22Knights%20would%20get%20down%20on,respect%2C%20obedience%2C%20and%20loyalty.&text=%22So%20when%20a%20courteous%20gentlemen,the%20natural%20thing%20to%20do.%22

https://www.her.ie/life/reason-men-get-one-knee-propose-kinda-weird-473917

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/outreach/why-guy/why-do-men-get-on-one-knee-to-propose/85-588260433

https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/life/sex-and-relationships/why-get-on-one-knee-to-propose-663940

https://www.engagementringbible.com/engagement-traditions-and-origin/

SHARE:

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Why I Am Grateful to Be Born In a Queendom

 “Grandma, I know you loved me since I was born, but I have loved you my WHOLE life.”

― Unknown

A grandmother is someone who holds the crown in the family as she sits on her throne of love―It all starts with her. She is the reason my mother was born and she is the reason why I am here and for that, I am truly grateful to call her my grandma. Because of this beautiful Queen, each generation that is born into our Queendom is a lovely royal female who appears before our eyes.

What I’ve learned from my mother as I grew up, is that our bloodline comes from royalty―A Queendom created from the divine that all females on Earth come from and I’m grateful to be apart of this one because it’s truly special.

Happy 92nd Birthday to my royal Grandma, Annie Dale Jones! Your glowing aura is your beautiful, diamond crown and it looks beautiful on you.


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi

SHARE:

Friday, September 11, 2020

Coffee Over Cardio: Messy Bun Butter Coffee Recipe

>>> This blog post contains affiliate links for Coffee Over Cardio. More info here.<<<

Ah… I remember those days of getting a yummy cinnamon bun and having it with a delicious cup of coffee but now, I’m cutting back on these delicious treats but that doesn’t mean that I can’t have it for dessert every single day.


You may be thinking that I’m losing it or something because I’m talking about cinnamon buns as a daily treat but no I’m not joking with you. Cardio Over Cardio created Messy Bun which tastes just as yummy as the pastry treat. Instead of having an actual cinnamon bun with a cup of coffee, I can enjoy a yummy cup of coffee with all the sugary flavors.

I don’t count calories but if you do, you should know that Messy Bun has zilch. You should also know that it’s a Keto-Friendly cup of quality coffee without any added sugar, gluten, and carbs but with all the yummy cinnamon flavorful taste to give you that warm comfortable feeling in the morning.


Just like before, I’m using Coffee Over Cardio as the main ingredient of my morning brew butter coffee because it’s naturally sweet and it’s a quality coffee that I feel is perfect for this recipe. Are you ready for a treat?


Messy Bun Butter Coffee Recipe

Ingredients


1 tbsp of Fourth & Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee (but use the grass-fed butter of your choice)

1 tsp of MCT oil

1 tsp of Coconut Oil

1 serving of a freshly brewed Coffee Over Cardio Messy Bun

Optional: Add ½ tsp of Turmeric Powder

Optional: Add ½ tsp of Maca Powder

Optional: Add ½ tsp of Cacao (if you want a mocha)

Optional: Add a dash of cinnamon


Directions


Add all ingredients into a blender and blend it up for a few seconds until smooth. You don’t have to add creamer or anything because the butter makes it creamy and smooth. Let me know in the comments if you adore Coffee Over Cardio too. If so, which one is your favorite flavor?


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi


Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist nor am I a weightloss expert. There is no guarantee that this recipe or Coffee Over Cardio brand will help you lose weight. Although butter coffee works for many people (including myself) it doesn't mean that it will work for you. I recommend that you do further research before you try it out yourself.

SHARE:

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

How to Attract Good Company Only

Photo by Dennis Magati from Pexels

I’ve noticed that I would be at a restaurant ordering my food or eating out and someone nearby would notice me while asking the same question all the time, “Are you vegetarian?” It’s an accidental conversation starter and before I know it, we are talking about having healthy lifestyles.

Since day one, I noticed I’ve always attracted the right friends around me and I never understood people who talk about not liking their friends. At the end of the day, you have the choice to dissociate yourself from bad company… right?

Well, I understand why some people only attract negative associates and other people attract positive associates around them. The answer is very simple: Your friends are only a mirror of you. All you need to do is live the life you desire and be the person you want to be in order to attract the friends you truly want.


Although everyone on Earth is unique from one another, your group of friends can only match your vibration. Looking at the lifestyle you are living right now and the character you have, ask yourself this question, “Would I like to be friends with someone like myself?”


Below, I shared a segment from the book called, The Game of Life & How To Play It by Florence Scovel Shinn because it resonated with me and I had to share it with you all. Enjoy and let me know in the comments below what you love about yourself. Remember, when you love yourself, you will attract those who will accept you for you.


Love always,

Princess Hiyah Akanqi


The Game of Life & How To Play It:


One of my students was in the habit of lying. I told her that it was a failer method and if she lies, she will be lied to.


She replied, “I don't care. I can’t possibly get along without lying.”


One day, she was speaking on the phone to a man whom she was very much in love. She turned to me and said, "I don't trust him. I know he is lying to me."


I replied, "Well, you lie, so someone will have to lie to you and you will be sure that it will be just the person that you want the truth from."


Sometime after that I saw her and she said, "I’m cured of lying."


I questioned, "What cured you?"


She replied, "I’ve been living with a woman who lied worst then I did."


One is often cured by his faults by seeing them in others. Life is a mirror and we find only ourselves reflected in our associates.

Florence Scovel Shinn (Photo via Wikipedia)

SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig